Friday, February 16, 2007

Poetry Journal # 5

I carry your heart with me( I carry it in
I carry your heart with me ( I carry it in
My heart) I am never without it ( anywhere
I go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
By only me is your doing, my darling)

I fear
No fate( for you are my fate, my sweet) I want
No world ( for beautiful you are my world, my true)
And it’s you are whatever a moon has always meant
And whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
And the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
Higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
And this is the wonder that’s keeping the stars apart

I carry your heart( I carry it in my heart)

Speaker: the speaker of this poem is a man or women that is deeply in love.
Occasion: They are expressing their deep devotion to them.
Audience: To their lover/ partner.
Purpose: To demonstrate their great love and devotion to their loved one.
Subject : Is love .
Tone: It is very romantic.
The author uses parenthesis to emphasize certain parts of the poem.


I believe that the poet was highly effective in conveying his message in this poem. Through this poem the poet spoke about his devotion for his loved one and hw he carries his lovers heart in his. The use of the parenthesis to enclose certain important parts of this poem really added to the meaning of the poem. The message of this poem is to show that his lover is the basically what his world revolves around and what he dedicates his life to her. The parenthesis also really emphasize the parts which are inside and those parts really demonstrates how he cherishes and loves his girl. It almost seems as if his overly obsessed with his girl because he basically does every thing for her and while doing something he thinks of her. He puts her first above all . The diction of this poem is very simple and straight to the point which makes it so much easier to understand the message that the author is trying to convey through this poem. The diction of this poem is like any other love poem, it is very simple and romantic. The author also does use of figurative language as a way to compare his love and devotion to aspects of nature for example to the moon, stars, and sun. While doing so the author adds more life to the poem and makes it come alive. It could very well be a very dull boring poem but the fact that her uses very interesting poetic devises makes it very interesting and fun to read. It also makes it easier for the audience to understand the purpose of the poem.

No comments: